Source: Can the private sector make it a super year for nature?
The latest academic papers on conservation. If you have a paper that you would like to share, please get in contact with us. Click on the title to follow the link to each article. Please note that some of these articles are behind a paywall.
Sign up for our newsletter to receive this news in your inbox.
- Biological diversity in protected areas: Not yet known but already threatened
- Source: Global Ecology and Conservation
- Author(s): Axel Eduardo Rico-Sánchez et al.
- Maintaining biodiversity and ecosystem function is critical on national and global scales. However, while only a fraction of the global biodiversity is known, its current decline is unprecedented, making biodiversity hotspots a conservation priority.
- Regime shifts occur disproportionately faster in larger ecosystems
- Source: Nature Communications
- Author(s): Gregory S. Cooper, Simon Willcock, John A. Dearing
- Researchers reveal the speed at which ecosystems of different sizes will disappear, once they have reached a point beyond which they collapse — transforming into an alternative ecosystem.
- Woody plant encroachment intensifies under climate change across tundra and savanna biomes
- Source: Global Ecology and Biogeography
- Author(s): Mariana García Criado, Isla H. Myers‐Smith, Anne D. Bjorkman, Caroline E. R. Lehmann, Nicola Stevens
- Biomes worldwide are shifting with global change. Biomes whose extents are limited by temperature or precipitation, such as the tundra and savanna, may be particularly strongly affected by climate change
Share This Post