The latest academic papers on conservation. If you have a paper that you would like to share, please get in contact with us. Click on the title to follow the link to each article. Please note that some of these articles are behind a paywall.
- Daily briefing: A crisis for life on Earth
- Source: Nature
- Human activity is destroying the ecosystems that we depend on. Plus, Facebook is giving social scientists unprecedented access to its data and what medicine…
- Radioactive carbon from nuclear bomb tests found in deep ocean trenches
- Radioactive carbon released into the atmosphere from 20th-century nuclear bomb tests has reached the deepest parts of the ocean, a new study finds. Crustaceans in deep ocean trenches have incorporated this ‘bomb carbon’ into the molecules that make up their bodies.
- Grading conservation: Which reserves defend forests?
- Source: Environmental Science and Pollution Research
- Author(s): Hongbo Yang, Andrés Viña, Julie Ann Winkler et al.
- Lands that shelter forests have value often readily tallied by developers, but until now it’s been more difficult to prove the success of protecting those forested lands in pursuit of sustainability. That can put conservationists on the defense. Scientists have focused on what makes a protected area…